ABcom, a leader in mission critical infrastructure design and build, is seeking Account Executives to focus on new business development. In this position, you are responsible for the marketing and sales of consulting, engineering design and supplying the products and labor to build the cabling, security and wireless infrastructure to new clients as well as assigned existing clients.
Purpose of this position: To increase the ABcom market share and customer base and achieve a dominant spot as the ‘go-to’ provider of mission critical infrastructure for data centers, healthcare clients and clients dependent on 24X7 reliability throughout the United States. To achieve profitable sales from your overall proposed opportunities to new and existing clients in excess of your annual assigned quota.
Scope of the position: This position reports to the Director of Sales or Vice President of Operations.
- Develop new and existing accounts within their geographic region through effective prospecting, networking, solution selling and closing.
- Must be capable of achieving a dominant market share position in designated area. Proven and consistent ability in achieving and exceeding revenue and gross margin quotas.
- Establish and maintain customer and vendor relationships.
- Develop business plans, detailing activities that will drive assigned sales and gross margin quotas, including prospecting, account strategy, forecasting and pipeline management.
- Create and conduct effective proposal presentations and RFP responses that identify and address prospects key business issues and highlight our proposed solutions to those identified objectives.
- Identify and conduct effective networking activities with solution partners, consultants and other professionals to maximize revenue and generate new business.
- Leverage web 2.0 tools, social media and collaborative applications to communicate and network with customers and prospects.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; and participating in professional societies.
- Contact existing cliental as assigned and maintain the ABCOM relationship.
- Develop new clients and opportunities through effective networking and marketing
- Work as a team leader in drawing resources from engineering design and project management into customer opportunities to ensure the client needs are met and the resulting sale has an achievable profit goal.
- Working within the defined process, provide a superior level of customer satisfaction and experience to ensure you and ABCOM have ongoing and repeatable business with the client.
- Increase ABCOM client base and geographic spread, capitalizing on our nationwide presence, regardless of physical office locations.
- Other duties as assigned by Director of Sales and/or Vice President of Operations
Knowledge and Skills (Minimum requirements):
Should have a proven history in successful sales achievement in technology (computers, software, broadband, mobility, wireless, infrastructure, telecommunications, and data centers, consulting). Comfortable and sociable in meeting new people, an interest in learning their needs and business, and a desire to succeed.
- Education, credentials, licenses: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Specialized knowledge: Strong business and financial acumen with analytical and numeric ability. Proficiency in MS Office including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Demonstrated ability to successfully network and build a new client base.
- Experience: Minimum 2 years’ experience selling voice, data, wireless, and/or infrastructure products and services required. Proven track record in lead generation, account development, negotiating, and solution selling; and closing profitable deals.
- Skills: Above average in proposal writing and good presentation skills. Excellent in prospecting and gaining appointments and meetings to introduce ABcom to the client. Self- starter with the ability to work in a team oriented environment.
- ABcom Environment: ABcom is a workplace that thrives on team involvement. No man or woman is an island, and not one of us is as smart and effective as all of us together. We operate out of New Brighton, MN, which is the company headquarters and have been in business since 1995. Our belief system says that we are all successful together and our team members are our number one priority. We believe that a team that fits well together, relies on each other, and cares about each other’s success, is the number one best thing we can do for our customers. Join this growing and dynamic team, and help us build to even greater heights of accomplishment!
- Working conditions: This position functions in a variety of office and client locations.
- Physical and mental requirements:
- Basic office physical environment:
- Ability to sit an make calls and work on the computer for a minimum of 8 hours
- Ability to travel (drive personal vehicle or in some case, company established flight) to the customer site and participate in meetings, presentations and site surveys
- Ability to walk the customer’s location for initial survey and possibly participate further with the design engineer
- Ability to provide leadership to the internal team on behalf of the customer to ensure the customer’s needs are being met.
- Ability to analyze financially the value in participating in the client proposal and how best to set margin and to present that to the internal team
If you are a proven sales professional in the technology field, we are looking for you! Come put your experience to use in a way it will be valued by your clients, and rewarded for your efforts.
Compensation: ABcom offers a competitive compensation package, including medical and dental insurance, 401(k) plan, and vacation package. Salary to be determined, based on experience and education.
Contact Information: If not already on the application page, please visit, https://abcom.workable.com/j/50B2F0AD1B. Please click on the ‘apply’ button at the bottom. The application takes approximately 30 mins to complete, during which you can upload your resume and cover letter. You may also contact our Hiring Manager, New Business Development at 602-732-4903.