Telecommunications Project Manager
Applied Business Communications (ABcom) is a national low voltage BICSI Certified Prestige commercial structured cabling contractor and we are recruiting our next telecommunication project managers.
- 7+ years experience estimating and managing projects in the telecommunications cabling Industry
- Experience in construction management and managing projects involving multiple subcontractors a plus
- Knowledge of applicable codes and standards
- Ability to complete and submit accurate documentation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Supervisory experience
- MS Office and MS Project proficient
- Positive attitude and professional dress and demeanor
- Data Center/ Wi-Fi experience desired
- Valid driver’s license and insurable driving record
- Oversight and project management of telecommunication crews that are responsible for support systems; category station, backbone, and fiber optic cabling; special systems security, CCTV, audio visual, and fire alarm cabling; copper and fiber optic cable termination, splicing, and troubleshooting.
- Management of day-to-day project activities to ensure on-cost, on-schedule, on-quality delivery
- Effective creation and use of tools and mechanisms needed for effective delivery, including creation of baseline schedule and commitments, change orders, staffing, material management, ordering, invoicing
- Negotiation, contracting, and management of subcontractors
- Timely reporting, including status and financials both internally and with end customers, subcontractors, vendors
- In- and out-of-state overnight travel as needed.
- Project Management Professional (PMI, PMP) certification
- Industry-recognized structured cabling industry certifications, e.g., BICSI RCDD or other certs, vendor certs.
- Medical and dental benefits
- Paid Time Off
- 401K retirement plan